Sunday, December 28, 2008

Winding Down...2008

I finished Lion Among Men and found it to be another intriguing book in the Wicked series. With out giving away too much of the ending I can say that there are more questions raised than answered and while we learn a great deal about the "cowardly" lion I felt like I only had a glimpse and there must be so much more that is going untold. I know there were several references to past events that made me want to re-read the three books in the Wicked series back-to-back to see if there were connections that I was grasping to make.

The last book to grace my nightstand this year is The Revenants by Sheri S. Tepper. The husbeast and I were clearing out some of his old boxes from high school/college and a few older books he deemed not worth keeping were tossed in a box marked for recycling. It was not until I knew that I was almost done with Lion Among Men that I gave a peak in to the box and realized I recognized the author of one of the books. Back in college I read Gate to Womens Country in a lit course I took and figured I could give it a try. It is too early to form an opinion at this point...but I will close out the year in between the pages of this old paper back.

No comments: